• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Heated USB Keyboard

whoa thats intense. Im in the market for a new keyboard, but I want a MSFT natural one...
 
Wow how pointless... maybe if they made a cooler version keyboard that will help alot cause as someone said.... your fingers sweat if you type alot for awhile.
 
Could be useful for people who always have cold hands. Some people have poor blood flow to their hands, especially when typing, due to the angle of their hands.
 
I think he was referring to if there ever was a problem with the heating elements. Electric blankets don't get hot enough to start fires but they still do. Neat idea though, I do suffer from cold hands.
 
reminds me of a Cadillac Escalade with the heated steering wheel. i agree though, i def have the opposite. someone needs to come out with a keyboard like that one xbox controller. anyone seen that, it has fans in the hand grips. i forget who makes it.
 
Hmm, my comment got deleted. Oh well, I think it's a good idea. My fingers get cold as heck in the winter.

Do those hand coolers in the xbox controllers work well?
 
This keyboard is a really good idea. I'm one of the people with poor hand circulation, and as such it gets realy hard to type.
 
Now all they need is a heated mouse to go with it, my g.f gets really painful fingers when the temperature drops due to an unknown cause, Unfortunately it's her mouse hand that suffers
 
Do you guys not read the description at all? It's not intended for you to play games on in your cozy house, it's for people who need to use a computer in cold outdoor conditions.
 
I can see a lot of cats and small dogs warming themselves on top of one of these.
 
I seem to remember they had a dilbert cartoon about this awhile back. Heated so the keys were easier to press.....:p
 
It would be the perfect cooling environment while you study whale and sea lion migrations and populations.
 
*edit bad idea.

As for the keyboard I'm suprised it's so cheap. Obviously, this is not a hugely popular item. I would have thought that the powers that be would charge a lot more for it just because they can. But then again I don't think it has metal keys to help with heating, ...and possibly electrocution during a rain storm :p. It must not add a lot of cost to incorporate a heating element.
 
Back
Top