• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Heat resistent/non conductive glue needed

dantestd

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
83
Hey all,

I posted here because the glue I need seems like it would be used for case modding and construction, even though it's for something completely different. I need some glue that is heat resistent and non-conductive for a ac receptor in a HP notebook. The plastic casing around it got snapped and the owner of the laptop is unable to charge her notebook. The ac receptor is part of the motherboard so calling up HP and asking for the tiny little piece which looks like a lego piece is out of the question, and out of warrenty.

Any ideas on what clue to use to glue the piece back to the reminding plastic piece on the systemboard.

Pics soon if need be.

Mods move if my reason for posting here does not slide.
 
Firstly, welcome to the forums. Secondly, are you just trying to glue plastic to plastic? If so, I would just try some superglue. Just a tiny bit, though. If that doesn't work then my next suggestion is epoxy. I don't think the amount of heat generated by a laptop is really enough to affect either of those, and neither of them should be conductive. There is a good possibility that the jack is a standard item, so if you are good with a soldering iron(and with taking apart laptops) you might be able to just replace it.
 
4b5eN+EE said:

Yea that's what my thought was just wanted to make sure.

jpmkm said:
Firstly, welcome to the forums. Secondly, are you just trying to glue plastic to plastic? If so, I would just try some superglue. Just a tiny bit, though. If that doesn't work then my next suggestion is epoxy. I don't think the amount of heat generated by a laptop is really enough to affect either of those, and neither of them should be conductive. There is a good possibility that the jack is a standard item, so if you are good with a soldering iron(and with taking apart laptops) you might be able to just replace it.

Thanks glad to be here, been lurking around longer and no i needed to ask a question hehe. Yea I would assume it could be a standard piece. I'll go to fry's tomorrow and check out the electronics section.
 
Back
Top