I understand the heat pipes work on the concept of fluid vaporizing, and rising to pull away heat. Once the fluid cools it condenses and sinks back down. I see this working just fine on something like the Scythe Ninja on a horizontally mounted board. But does it loose effectiveness once the board is mounted vertical in a tower case and the pipes are laying horizontal? There is no where for the vapor to rise to.
I am looking at the XP-90 or the Ninja to cool a pair of Opterons. The XP-90 looks like it would be even less effective once mounted in a tower since the vapor would have to make a U turn.
Has anyone compared temps when the case is up right verses on its side with these heatpipe coolers?
I am looking at the XP-90 or the Ninja to cool a pair of Opterons. The XP-90 looks like it would be even less effective once mounted in a tower since the vapor would have to make a U turn.
Has anyone compared temps when the case is up right verses on its side with these heatpipe coolers?