Heart of the Swarm MP

dgz

Supreme [H]ardness
I am platinum level Protoss. My APM is not high, my strategies are non-existent, my timings suck, my execution abilities come and go. I am your typical noob that rarely misses a GSL Code S match.

It's been a few weeks since I got into the beta and I have to say I like where Blizzard is going with SC2, even though there are still no Lurker and Reaver.

Worker harassment is taken to the next level here. Even one of those new flying Protoss thingies can destroy an entire (16 full saturated) mineral line in mere seconds. With it's new and now crazy fast medivac, a Terran can deploy cloaked mines in your line that can do even worse. A simple poke at the entrance for distraction and bam - your economy is gone or at least crippled.

This is a good thing. Pro matches are going to amazing.

WoL has evolved and tournaments provide much entertainment but I imagine it must really cold in those player booths as players barely sweat in there. WTF, right? They don't have that much to do. I believe the expansion is going to fix that in a big enough way.

Zerg now has siege abilities and a flying defiler, Protoss has late game air, an early queen like flying unit, and a flying caster that can reveal things and harass economies. Terran no longer has to research siege!, got crazy medivac speed boost and a hellion mod.

So far so good imo. I don't think it's balanced or anything but I believe it's a good start. Any thoughts? Master or higher level input would be much appreciated.

Back