heaphones :P

gamekid

Gawd
ok, i had the ATH - 900s and they were awsome (unamped) but they got destroyed (dont ask), and being soudless sucks so i rly need to get a new pair of headphones soon.

i liked the 900's alot ( i dont rly have much experience with headphones ) but i was thinking some bass would be a bit fun, the dt770s are always coming up in this subject but apparently i should get an amp with these.

if i remember correctly, these are "closed" headphones so that means that the sound cant be heard on the outside? and open u can hear the sound from far away? because im gonna go away to college next year and will have a laptop and hopefully will be able to carry there phones around sometimes ( i know their pretty big but thats not the prob..i dont want another pair of the ath's cause im not too much of a fan of their "layout" to say) and im sure people dont want to hear my sound.

for an amp, im kinda clueless to what they actually do and how to get them..i see a lot of peopel make them themselves - i dont think im capable of doing that so how would i go about obtaining one?

i think i have seen the dt770s for $170 or so and i dont want to spend much over $200 with an amp...

any input is greatly appreciated :D thank you in advance!

you can get the Beyers used for less then that.. .or if you're lucky u can get them new for $125 like I did :D

pa2v2 is a pretty popular amp... I personally don't think the sound signatures would go well together, but I've never heard the combo so I can't really comment.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/index.php

I'd pick up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT250-80's if you want closed cans with excellent bass without spending a fortune.Some might say go for the Senn 25 SP's,I too (until recently) would have been one of those pushing them.I bougth a pair last Fall,and they died well under warranty.Sennhieser Canada refued to replace them.Me = out 134.99 Cdn and not a very happy camper.They make great sounding,cans but dont really stand behind them all to well. :mad:

These Beyers are great un amped as well.Stay away from teh DT250-250's as they do need an amp,and dont sound as good.Ebay has em for cheap,from a few relaible sellers
if you hunt around.Headroom has em as well,as offer great service.Try ampless for a bit and see what you think.

If you do want an amp,I'd look into the CC XO,or the Box+.Try the used section on Head Fi,but you need to be a member in good standing for 30+ days to even post in the FS forums over there.Or snoop around on Ebay,as there are many pimetas that can be had for little to no $$$,and offer a good start into the world of amped cans.

Back