Healthy Temps for 570 GTX SLI

n0code

n00b
Hey All,

What are healthy temps for 570 SLI in usage? I'm seeing some where in the 90c with my 570s since I started playing BF3. Not sure if this is really a good thing.

Running Zotac 570 GTXs.

If those temps are with the stock fan profile they are fine. The cards are made to take a beating of up to 105c. I personally wouldn't let them get over 95c.

What you should definitely do is make a custom fan profile in a program like MSI afterburner so that the fan is a bit more aggressive as the card warms up and a bit more relased when it's idle. You can also make a nice curve effect so that the fan goes up little by little instead of a 20% jump which will make the noise less noticeable as it goes up very gradually. A few questions though

1. Does your case have good airflow?
2. What power supply is running your 570 SLi rig?
3. How far apart are the cards from eachother?

When I was running Tri-SLI 570's I used this custom fan profile to keep them under 70*C at all times, worked great even at 865mhz, its also not loud at all.

CustomFan.jpg

If those temps are with the stock fan profile they are fine. The cards are made to take a beating of up to 105c. I personally wouldn't let them get over 95c.

What you should definitely do is make a custom fan profile in a program like MSI afterburner so that the fan is a bit more aggressive as the card warms up and a bit more relased when it's idle. You can also make a nice curve effect so that the fan goes up little by little instead of a 20% jump which will make the noise less noticeable as it goes up very gradually. A few questions though

1. Does your case have good airflow?
2. What power supply is running your 570 SLi rig?
3. How far apart are the cards from eachother?

1> I just picked up a Cosair 500R with the stock fans it has.
2> I just installed a PC&C 760W Silencer
3> The cards are about 1 to 1 1/2" apart from each other.

I'll definitely try the custom profile. Thanks for the heads up everyone

When I was running Tri-SLI 570's I used this custom fan profile to keep them under 70*C at all times, worked great even at 865mhz, its also not loud at all.

I'll have to try something like this. Thanks!

I have a few fan profiles set up in EVGA Precision. When I game I select the one for both 570s to run at 80% fan speed and my card temps never get above 75C during gameplay.

Is it normal for one card to be 20 degrees warmer then the other in idle state?

Is it normal for one card to be 20 degrees warmer then the other in idle state?

Is it the top card? It will get hotter because there is less room in between for airflow.

Suggestions: a side fan if your case can mount it, if not change the majority of your fans to intake to create a higher pressure environment in the case which will force the graphics cards to exhaust everything (reference style coolers) and will help a lot.

I cooled tri-sli on air in an 800D using some high static pressure fans as intake and the graphics cards as the only exhaust, I got the same temps as in my HAF X with excellent airflow.

Is it the top card? It will get hotter because there is less room in between for airflow.

Suggestions: a side fan if your case can mount it, if not change the majority of your fans to intake to create a higher pressure environment in the case which will force the graphics cards to exhaust everything (reference style coolers) and will help a lot.

I cooled tri-sli on air in an 800D using some high static pressure fans as intake and the graphics cards as the only exhaust, I got the same temps as in my HAF X with excellent airflow.

My side fan seemed to not be running. I enabled it and it has helped a little. Would it be possible to enable the lower card to be the primary to help with the temps? I've also created a profile as well for it.

My side fan seemed to not be running. I enabled it and it has helped a little. Would it be possible to enable the lower card to be the primary to help with the temps? I've also created a profile as well for it.

It won't make any difference, the one with less airflow will be hotter no matter what. How hot are they getting? As long as it only hits around 90* it will be fine.

LigTasm and everyone else,

Thank you for all the help. I've managed to get the temps down to 70-73C while playing with load. With the side fan and the proper profile it is able to maintain a cool state prior to it getting too hot.

Thanks again!

Back