Healthcare.gov Chief Resigns

8-10 meals huh? Why thats also 20 jugs of milk. 40 cheeseburgers. 100,000 toothpicks. Must be awful. Tell me, what will you sacrifice to make up for this deficit? Show me how $80 is wholly unsustainable for you.

First of all, you made the claim that it was one meal at a restaurant, which was both incredibly dishonest and overwhelmingly insensitive. Maybe you scoff at the cost of things, perhaps because you live on someone else's dime, but to the majority of us in the real world, money is light, thanks largely to the economic situation that is improving at a snail's pace. You really show zero empathy for those who are truly suffering, and I hope you never try to claim that you stick up for the poor or middle class.

"The food here is gross and tastes of crap"

"Yeah, and the portions are too small"

"Obamacare stinks and is awful and is going to ruin the country"

"Yeah, and its too hard to sign up!"

What am I making up? I said the introduction of a healthcare tax is just something you should deal with. You said poor people should just deal with being poor. This means that you disagree with healthcare being a new tax. Why?

In other words, you're also saying poor people should just deal with the healthcare tax or increased premiums. You're also saying that middle class people should just deal with the healthcare tax or increased premiums. In both cases, you just don't care how little money they have, because 80 bucks or however big a burden they're about to get is a pittance to you.

You make Mitt Romney's 2012 statements about the poor sound like bleeding-heart liberalism.

41622-Grumpy-cat-good-uUqS.jpeg

In other words, you're also saying poor people should just deal with the healthcare tax or increased premiums. You're also saying that middle class people should just deal with the healthcare tax or increased premiums. In both cases, you just don't care how little money they have, because 80 bucks or however big a burden they're about to get is a pittance to you.

You make Mitt Romney's 2012 statements about the poor sound like bleeding-heart liberalism.

You're right, I'll put it this way, most liberals are so far removed from the actual impacts of their policies, so they will keep championing them, HOWEVER . . . .

Once liberals got hit with Obamacare, the liberals that were affected the most in a negative way have been the most vocal about how bad Obamacare is, and that's pretty refreshing, HOWEVER . . . .

The most common theme of their complaints?

"I thought someone else was paying for it, I didn't know I would have to pay for it . . . ."

What does that tell you? :p

I know more about my situation than you do.

You haven't been paying attention. He thinks he knows everyone's situation better than they do, how their money should be spent, and how stupid anyone is to complain about it.

The essence of progressivism: I know better than you how to spend your money.

I find it funny how some of you use the term "entitlement", and yet act like you are entitled NOT to spend an extra dime to live in this fabulous country. Shit happens. Gas goes up, food costs more, your pay may or may not increase to match. Deal with it. What did you think was going to happen, the costs of services in this country would remain static for the entirety of your lifetime and 100% of income would go to whatever you want? We live in a society people. I'm sure you probably bitch about EVER SINGLE DIME that comes out of your paycheck with total disregard for the shared services it contributes to. Healthcare is now one of them, as it should be, as the rest of the 1st world nation has been doing, successfully.

Costs to not go up and down for no reason, if the cause is justified, fine, I will "deal with it". When an oil refinery explodes, or there is a drought causing food and gas prices to rise, you gotta just grab on and deal with it.

When government steps in and raises the prices for me and many others for no good god damn reason, that's when I get pissed. Want to charge me more? You'd better give me more.

In your universe the next time you go to gas your car up, if the clerk suddenly decides his gas is worth $10/gallon while providing no extra benefit that you were already getting, and then tells you he also just passed a law making all other gas stations illegal. Are you going to just "deal with it"?

I won't argue that there are some socialized costs we are accustomed to and generally needed. There is a limit though of how much society can "get away with". The money has to come from somewhere to cover all the people who show up to the hospital for a headache, or the family that sneaks into the country and can't speak any english. The same money covering this is the same money causing the inflation problem up above.

If I run a hospital and am required to help and care of every (loser) person that walks though the door, who's going to pay all their bills? They sure aren't, so you and I get stuck with a hospital bill that's 10X what it should be. (add in friviolous lawsuits and all sorts of litigation that eats away at the financial issue)

The root problem is that the system can't support THIS much dead weight. By dead weight I mean corruption, theft, fraud, and simply the people that don't take responsibility for the care they receive. (illegals, grossly over weight people)

The website alone for the government's healthcare cost ~500 million dollars, and it was broken/half functional. If they waste that much on a website, how much are they going to waste on the ACTUAL healthcare they are forcing on us?

Poor people get medicaid

And so do people who don't qualify for Medicaid, in Illinois.

So far, the state says reviewers have examined roughly 712-thousand people enrolled in Medicaid, and found that 357-thousand, or about half of them shouldn’t have received benefits. After further review, the state decided that the percentage of people who didn’t qualify was actually about one out of four.

That must have been one rotten sample. What's interesting is that the second sentence says the state "decided" that the percentage of people was one out of four. Why "decided"? Why not "found" or "discovered"?

I know, I'm probably being paranoid, considering Illinois' sterling record on corruption. Oh, well. I'm sure expanding Medicaid will end all that fraud.

What does this even mean?

it means, that most of these entitlement programs a broke because politicians dip there fingers in the cookie jar.

So, medicaid can roll its debt and recipients into the exchange. they cannot keep medicaid going and nobody wants to publicly admit they cannot sustain medicaid. that is political suicide for any party.
The war on poverty is about collecting more taxes and votes, not lifting people out of poverty.
If the poor have "medicaid" then why do we need BO-care?

And so do people who don't qualify for Medicaid, in Illinois.

That must have been one rotten sample. What's interesting is that the second sentence says the state "decided" that the percentage of people was one out of four. Why "decided"? Why not "found" or "discovered"?

I know, I'm probably being paranoid, considering Illinois' sterling record on corruption. Oh, well. I'm sure expanding Medicaid will end all that fraud.

Lets give medicare to everybody and then this kind of fraud will disappear!

Cool! How do we pay for it?

How do we pay for anything? How does every other first world country on the planet pay for it?

We

Are

The

Only

First

World

Country

That

Lets

People

Go

Broke

Because

They

Get

Sick

it means, that most of these entitlement programs a broke because politicians dip there fingers in the cookie jar.

So, medicaid can roll its debt and recipients into the exchange. they cannot keep medicaid going and nobody wants to publicly admit they cannot sustain medicaid. that is political suicide for any party.
The war on poverty is about collecting more taxes and votes, not lifting people out of poverty.
If the poor have "medicaid" then why do we need BO-care?

Bingo . . . .

What government does is constantly talk about "reform" for any major program you can think of, why? Because they didn't work the first 50 times they were "reformed".

What a farce and a sham it is.

Well, mostly we go into debt, which is why it's almost quadrupled in under 20 years. More debt, then? Yeah? Debt all day long, every day, to infinity and beyond?

We also collect taxes

You know what gets you more tax money?

People who are well enough to work, live long enough to work, and can transition jobs without fear of losting healthcare.

Not to mention we would save money on medical care in general, which is one of the main selling points of single payer

How do we pay for anything? How does every other first world country on the planet pay for it?

We

Are

The

Only

First

World

Country

That

Lets

People

Go

Broke

Because

They

Get

Sick

Are we the first country to starve its people so badly that they have to create a law stating its forbidden to eat another person?
I could go on but that would be pointless.

People go broke all the time for all kinds of reasons, expecting someone to take care of you is most ignorant mentality i have ever heard of.
All this entitlement mentality started by the liberal movement has caused more death and suffering by creating a society of people who will not take care of themselves.
Sad, very sad.

Are we the first country to starve its people so badly that they have to create a law stating its forbidden to eat another person?
I could go on but that would be pointless.

People go broke all the time for all kinds of reasons, expecting someone to take care of you is most ignorant mentality i have ever heard of.
All this entitlement mentality started by the liberal movement has caused more death and suffering by creating a society of people who will not take care of themselves.
Sad, very sad.

Yes. Entitlement. I think people are entitled to healthcare.

Does it have to stop that? Maybe we should just stop that regardless of what we do with universal healthcare.

I agree, but not with your claim that giving everyone Medicaid would stop that.

You know...that claim you made to try to imply that those who commit fraud are apparently just wanting eligibility for Medicaid. No need to be coy. Own your implications. ;)

We also collect taxes

And yet our debt keeps going up. Weird, huh?

Maybe we're not collecting enough taxes. How much do you think everyone should be taxed? Lots and lots? You're going to need that to tackle our already-increasing debt as well as "Medicaid for everyone".

I agree, but not with your claim that giving everyone Medicaid would stop that.

You know...that claim you made to try to imply that those who commit fraud are apparently just wanting eligibility for Medicaid. No need to be coy. Own your implications. ;)

It would stop the fraud committed by people who need healthcare but don't qualify for medicaid defrauding the system to get it.

. . . cuz they would already have healthcare

Thats not the same thing as large scale organized faud liek you linked to

And yet our debt keeps going up. Weird, huh?

Maybe we're not collecting enough taxes. How much do you think everyone should be taxed? Lots and lots? You're going to need that to tackle our already-increasing debt as well as "Medicaid for everyone".

We could increase taxes less than the savings people would get from not paying premiums

I think its a basic human right. What do you base thinking people are not entitled to healthcare on?

lets stick to your ideology first, then i will state mine.

First, what is healthcare?
please give me you definition.

It would stop the fraud committed by people who need healthcare but don't qualify for medicaid defrauding the system to get it.

. . . cuz they would already have healthcare

Thats not the same thing as large scale organized faud liek you linked to

So you're saying that the combined forces of people who just wish they had Medicaid and steal it only to get by vastly outnumber the outright criminals? In one of those earlier links, it talked about a hospital that was stealing $22 million a year. That's one hospital. How many desperate but not necessarily criminal poor people have to commit fraud to equal that one hospital?

Back