• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Headsets - fixing faulty speaker plug?

Dario D.

Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
582
The left earpiece of my Sennheisers recently died, and I realized that it was (most likely) due to the green plug that goes into the back of the sound card, oddly enough. (kind of like this one below)

400_F_5830212_Ctc6d93gLZg4Oe7BNv9VJZP7uqLld6df.jpg


No matter what it's plugged into (sound card, IPod Touch) it's iffy, and when I rotate the plug, BOTH earpieces blip out. (until I undo the rotation) So, obviously, something is wrong with the plug. Any way to repair it, or have a new one put on?

This headset costs a LOAD of money... and, of course, Sennheiser won't do anything, so, at first I bought a replacement SteelSeries Siberia, but then had to return it (not worth the $80. Could barely even produce bass, and the Mic quality was inferior to my 3 year-old, equally-priced Sennheisers).
 
Last edited:
Chop the bad one off, strip the cable and solder on a new one. Do it nice with some shrink-wrap of course. Hell, I would go all out and sleeve the whole wire.

You could even use this as an opportunity to upgrade the entire wire to better quality cabling. Guy do this all the time at HeadFi.
 
Back
Top