• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

headset

uB3rn00b3r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
413
Hey, im looking at getting back into competitive fps and i need a new headset. I have heard good things about sein hd555's but they dont come with a mic. Is there anywhere to get a mic to clip onto these or do i have to suffer with a stand mic if i choose these.

Do I need an amp for these? Also is it worth upgrading my onboard sound with an x-fi board?
 
I am actually looking at the same thing... those or some ATH AD700's or maybe the A700's. I can't decide if I want open or closed.

I'll probably just get a new boom mic. I have heard good things about the Logitech USB mic, but I have an x-fi so I think I'd rather go w/ a mic that plugs into my sc.

As far as the X-fi goes... Absolutely!!!! There is a huge sound difference between the X-fi and onboard. I recently put an old SB Live card in my bro's computer and he said that was an improvement over his onboard sound. I had an Audigy2zs in my main rig (now it's in my HTPC) and I upgraded to an X-fi. For regular speakers the difference wasn't much of anything, but if you plan on using headphones, that is where the X-fi really shines. It is great with simulated surround sound and positional audio
 
Back
Top