• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headset / SoundCard

therealdrag0

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
123
My current headset is Sennheiser PC150, but I'm not a big fan of the ear pieces. What would be a good headset that has leather like ear peices? [~$50-80]

My current sound card is a gramcracker... and being a comptetitive fps player I want to be able to hear people around the map what would u recomend? [~$100+]

Thank you!
drag0
 
Since you plan on using headphones, ignore that and get the X-Fi. The updated CMSS-3D Headphone mode puts the ZS to shame. Plus you can run heavier load cans on it. The opamps on the ZS are only really rated up to 32ohm units.

As far as cans go, you want circumaural, so they rest aound the ear, and not on it, for best comfort over long periods of time. That pretty much rules out Grados. If you want closed cans so others won't hear you, I suggest the Sennheiser HD280s. Otherwise, the HD5xx series, or Beyerdynamics. I sure a few others will be mentioned shortly.

Best suggestion is go hit an audio store, and audition several, and hear what you like most. Try and keep the Ohm rating down to 50-120 with the X-Fi.

If you also plan to have external surround speakers, I suggest getting a model with a breakout box, so you have a dedicated headphone port.
 
Back
Top