Hey [H]ardOCPers
Looking for some expert advice as to what Headset would best suite me (in cost performance ratio and overall best quality, combination of the two
).
I am an avid gamer, specifically World of Warcraft addict, headset is an absolute must for Ventrilo / TeamSpeak. The top headsets I have seen are below, with links to them as well as my comments.
TRITTON AX360 True 5.1 Digital Audio Gaming Headphones
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826235001
--I am much a fan of these, from the last 2 reviews on there, however the only thing im confused about is the digital part. Im not an audiophile, so from the sounds of it, its Optical only, and would require me to purchase a sound card. If so, what sound card would go with it?
RAZER Barracuda HP-1 Razer HD-DAI(High Definition-Dedicated Audio Interface) Connector Circumaural Gaming Headphones
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826153002
--Completely mixed on this one, Razer sounds like a good choice, but it is their first audio product, and they are making an audio card to go with it. The reviews on Newegg are mixed as well.
Anyone else that can help me between deciding between these 2, or suggest another one. Either way, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Looking for some expert advice as to what Headset would best suite me (in cost performance ratio and overall best quality, combination of the two
I am an avid gamer, specifically World of Warcraft addict, headset is an absolute must for Ventrilo / TeamSpeak. The top headsets I have seen are below, with links to them as well as my comments.
TRITTON AX360 True 5.1 Digital Audio Gaming Headphones
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826235001
--I am much a fan of these, from the last 2 reviews on there, however the only thing im confused about is the digital part. Im not an audiophile, so from the sounds of it, its Optical only, and would require me to purchase a sound card. If so, what sound card would go with it?
RAZER Barracuda HP-1 Razer HD-DAI(High Definition-Dedicated Audio Interface) Connector Circumaural Gaming Headphones
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826153002
--Completely mixed on this one, Razer sounds like a good choice, but it is their first audio product, and they are making an audio card to go with it. The reviews on Newegg are mixed as well.
Anyone else that can help me between deciding between these 2, or suggest another one. Either way, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!