Headset, multi purpose, quick ?

kinson

Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
772
I'm looking for a REALLY good headset, preferably with an option for a mic, wireless, that I can use with my audio out on my TV. Would like it but it does not have to, work with my xbox 360, reg xbox (if needed) and well I don't know about the ps3 setup yet so that doesnt really matter...

I want good sound for music, movies, and games... I bought this wireless headset from bestbuy made FOR xbox 360, but it sounds like dirty old people sex. Kinda nasty. Its either TOO much bass, or too much highs, no middle. I'd like it to be around 150 if possible. Nothing more, less is fine!!

Please help me find a headset, I'm tired of getting bitched out cause of my test drive unlimited cars engine revs :p
 
I don't know how the connectors are on the xbox or xbox 360, but if they have 3.5mm jacks, then I'd suggest getting a separate headphone and a clip-on mic, since most people suggest that. Sound quality for headsets won't be as good as a separate headphone.

I'd just bought a couple headphones myself, though my budget was a lot lower than yours. The AKG K81DJ I've heard is pretty nice (though not all too comfortable), and it ran me around $65 or so. I also got the Senn 212 Pro which are really comfy, but sound quality not so great. Cheapish though, running around $40.

I've also heard suggestions for AudioTechnica stuff, A700 and A900 I think. Those would be closer to your price. For higher quality Senns, I'd suggest....the 485 or 555 maybe?

And for the mic there's the Zalman clip-on that sells from Newegg for like, 7 bucks.

But if you really want a headset, then I've heard the SteelSound v2 series was good? Can't really remember at this point. There were a couple others that you could probably find back a bit in these forums. Sennheiser I know also makes a couple of headsets (150 and 160 maybe? I can't remember the numbers.)

Anyhow, I hope that helped.....though it's all a moot point if the consoles don't take 3.5mm jacks. ^^; I guess you could get adapters too.

Oh, and for all the wonderous headphone needs, visit www.head-fi.org. Though, as they say....watch your wallet. =P
 
Back
Top