• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headset/Mic recommendations

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
6,471
I'm looking for a headset/mic for skype and teamspeak. However I would like to keep the audio from teamspeak and skype seperate from actual gameplay audio. So my computer speakers are driven by a soundblaster X-Fi card so those connections are in use anyways. So I am thinking about a USB headset. Then I can still have game audio come out throught the speakers but also been on a phone call or using teamspeak with the headset. So to do that I would need a headset with only one speaker on it.

Does that make any sense?

If you do use USB for audio what does the audio processing? Would it still be done by the soundblaster but outputed through the USB?

I also use my desktop speakers for music and video and don't want to have to give them up.
 
What I end up doing is useing a desktop MIC to the input on my card. I then output to my speakers/headphones for listening.

Since you want to be multitasking your audio though, if you get a USB soundcard it will process it's own audio as the creative card will only do the audio it's outputing. The nice thing about teamspeak is you can set it up for different soundcards in your system easily. So if you wanted you could even use your mic just for input on teamspeak, and output the voice through the speakers/headphones. Sorta up to you.
 
You know, I do also have onboard sound in addition to my soundblaster. Do you think I could use both? Just use the soundblaster for all games and system sounds and then use the onboard just for skype and teamspeak?
 
Yeah.. that should work no problem. Just make sure your X-Fi is your default card for windows. In teamspeak or whatever app you're using, just set it's device to the onboard.
 
Back
Top