headset issues

catharsis

n00b
i just got a new pair of headphones, altec lansing AHS 502, to be exact but my problem is occasionally when i am in game the sound gets garbled and distorted and wont go away unless i quit counter-strike and restart it, these headphones plug in to the integrated sound card on my motherboard, an Asus A7N8X-D, and my old headphones where usb and i never had this problem. i know two other people with these headphones, one has the same motherboard as me and occasionally has this problem as well and the other has a different motherboard and never has this problem... what can i do to fix this?

did you check the support area of their site? might be as simple as a driver update.

yeah, get yourself new drivers...if that fails get a sound card, onboard ones suck pretty bad usually

ill check for the drivers but its the onboard sound for the asus a7n8x-d so its dolby digital 5.1 sound so its not bad.

Well those headphones dont plug into the digital connection on your motherboard so you are getting the crappy onboard sound. The good sound comes from the digital connection on the nforce 2 motherboards.

I would Check your sound card's manufacturing site to see if there are updated drivers for you. If that doesnt cure the problem then Go into your sound configuration in the game and turn off EAX, 3AD and high quality sound. go to Run and type in dxdiag and hit ok. Then go to the SOUND tab and turn off acceleration. Now if that doesnt work do that process in reverse and buy yourself an audigy 2 :).

-eddie

Back