• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headset help

anything not sennheiser is bad at least for headsets, hah j/k but this is pretty much true. I hear Altecs aren't too bad and Logitech too. The thing with headsets is you never get that great of sound from them and most competitive gamers use a great set of headphones and just a standalone mic to avoid this problem.
 
Byrnie said:
anything not sennheiser is bad hah j/k but this is pretty much true. I hear Altecs aren't too bad and Logitech too. The thing with headsets is you never get that great of sound from them and most competitive gamers use a great set of headphones and just a standalone mic to avoid this problem.

This is very true, I'm going to switch from my headset (Sennheiser PC-160) to a set of Headphones with a desktop mic.

One thing to look for is a headphones Impedence, high Ohms are harder to drive and require the use of an amp to make them sound the best. Lower Ohms are easier to drive by MP3 players and the like.

I recommend the Sennheiser PC-160 as a great gaming headset, I really liked mine and it still rocks :)
 
Anything with 5.1 surround sound in its name or description = bad (or just generally very priced for the quality you get out of it).

I'm gonna echo the same sentiment of buying a seperate good pair of headphones and pair it with a cheap mic.

Not to jab at the OP, just a general observation.
The headphones + mic thing has been repeated in like every other headphones thread. A guide really needs to be stickied as the same recommendations are given for every other headphone/headset thread. (ddt880 senn555/95 at500/900 etc etc etc).
 
Needed a headset for WoW so I gave the logitec "premium" :rolleyes: headset from BB a try.Holy hell my ears felt like they were bleeding after a short session.Surely I had bought some strange tourture device by accident.Next up on the list was the Senn 160's.Much better in terms of comfort but far from perfect.Over long a raid they would really start to bother you.The sound itself was not great, outclassed by my low end 30$ senn's.Finally after reading some posts here I picked up some Senn 580's and an amp.Sound is nothing short of amazing and comfortable over long periods of time.Couple it with cheap desktop mic and you are all set.I would only recomend the 160's if you only plan to wear them for short periods of time.
 
I can wear my PC-160's for hours on end. I guess it just depends on how your ears are.
 
I haven't heard either one but I did hear through the grapevine that the sound quality was better on the pc150s than the 160s. I don't know if this is true of course.
 
Back
Top