• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headset Dilemma

Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
597
I am one of those people that love music and high end audio. I have an awesome surround sound system (powered by a Marantz receiver and Boston Acoustics speakers and an M&K subwoofer) and for on the road I have what many people hate, the Bose Triport headphones.

Now, I have no problem with my Bose headphones because they sound good and I want to get my 150 dollars worth of them which is to use them for their purpose until they break on their own.

What I'm having a dilemma is: I want a headset for three reasons: talk online with Skype, talk with people on Counter-Strike, and talk with friends on XFire. Now I did some research and there's like no way of inventing a microphone (a good one at least) to be attached to my Bose Triports, which means I need a headset for talking purposes.

I don't want to spend lots and lots of money (over 50 dollars), but I do want a microphone that can pickup sound pretty good and the headphones part sound decent as well. I won't be using these for music at all... purely as talking and gaming headphones.

Anyways, I'd like some recommendations. I've been looking and the Logitech Precision Gaming headset (~25 bucks) seems to be a good choice for quality except it's very uncomfortable. I'll need at least wearable comfy (can't be uncomfy), decent quality, decent price.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your responses.

Ryan
 
Back
Top