• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

headset and speakers at the same time?

j_gets

n00b
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
29
Hi all,

Probably a dumb question, but I am wanting to play audio from games using a speaker set-up and play audio from voice communication (skype, teamspeak, etc.) through a mono mic headset simultaneously. Is there some easy way to do this? I am using logitech 5500 speakers, and the headset I want to use for this is a Sennheiser PC20.

Audio right now is coming from the onboard Realtek 850 chipset.

Thanks,

J
 
From my experience, plugging anything into the headphone jack will cut off your speakers. If you had something like a usb headset, then I believe it would be completely possible as long as your chat program lets you choose what device to output the audio to.

Although I dont' have experience with skype or teamspeak, I've been able to get this to work with another chat program called ventrilo so I'm assuming that it's possible with those 2 programs as well.

-Justin
 
i don't know that you could do it with a single card ..

if it were me, i'd just get something like an audigy 2 or x-fi for game audio then set the onboard audio to function with TS/skype as the primary input/output device for voip. or if you want to keep using your onboard audio, you could get something cheap to serve as input/output for TS/skype.
 
just get a Y splitter and plug your headset into one and your speakers into the other. - one volume control will control both, unless the speakers have a main "unit" with volume control onit.
 
Back
Top