Headphones...

dtess17

2[H]4U
I need a new set of headphones, girlfriend just stepped on my old ones and they are now broke. Yes she is paying for the new ones :)

They are only for my computer, mostly gaming, but i'll listen to music on em too.

i don't want to spend much more than maybe $175 less is better. What does everyone think?

those 555's look pretty nice...i read somewhere that they really benefit from an amp.
Is it really needed? i just plan on hooking them into the sound card.

no: you will be fine without an amp.
All the current HD555s being sold are rated 50ohm impediance

so it looks like those are likely the best in my price range.
sweet

i would love to try em out first, maybe i can find someplace locally.

dtess17 said:
is there a big difference between the 555 and 595?
What headphones did you previously own? If you're coming from some generic headphones, then any of the headphones recommended will blow you away most likely.

At 120$us for the HD555, that's not too bad.
If you have the chance to audition the HD555, go for it. Also, another headphone to throw in is the Beyerdynamic DT770pro 80ohm for about 170$. It's a *different* sound, which you may like better or worse. If you can find a local store that has these headphones, give them a try for sure. Audio Technica's listed here are also another option.

Eaither way, i'de be interested to hear what you end up getting.

~Enjoy

towert7 said:
What headphones did you previously own? If you're coming from some generic headphones, then any of the headphones recommended will blow you away most likely.

At 120$us for the HD555, that's not too bad.
If you have the chance to audition the HD555, go for it. Also, another headphone to throw in is the Beyerdynamic DT770pro 80ohm for about 170$. It's a *different* sound, which you may like better or worse. If you can find a local store that has these headphones, give them a try for sure. Audio Technica's listed here are also another option.

Eaither way, i'de be interested to hear what you end up getting.

~Enjoy

My other set was just a nicer pair of sony...they were nothing special only around $50-60.
I've used the PC 150 from sennheiser before and they sounded good.

For general reference i have a pair of shure ec2 earbuds that i use for my i pod all the time. When i first got those i was blown away by how much more detail i could hear in music.

Back