• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphones for television

The_Law

Gawd
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
842
Quick question for you good folks. I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered, but my attempt at "search" left me unsatisfied. So here goes.

I was wondering if you have any recommendations on headphones for just watching TV. I like to watch tv for an hour or so when I go to bed, but my wife likes going right to sleep. So in hopes of ensuring marital bliss, I told her I would look into getting headphones (she bought one of the masks so the light doesn't bother her). I really know NOTHING about headphones, but I just need something decent. I will literally probably watch the news and Sportscenter. Don't need anything fancy.

I would also like them to be wireless since it is about 12' to the TV in our bedroom. I suppose they don't have to be wireless though, as long as the cord is long enough. How do they even connect to the TV? I have never used headphones for anything other than the computer, so I apologize for the noob questions. Any help would be great.
 
The_Law said:
I really know NOTHING about headphones, but I just need something decent. I will literally probably watch the news and Sportscenter. Don't need anything fancy.
First things first, you are right. You don't need high end headphones for TV listening, and in fact some would suggest just decent headphones as opposed to high end headphones (less revealing of the craptastic TV sound).

As for wireless headphones, I can't help you there.

How do you connect them to your TV? Well, your TV must have a headphone output. :D
If it doesn't, you're out of luck ^_^ (I've had many older TV that's simply do not have any audio outputs to speaker or, much less headphone outputs).
 
Back
Top