• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphones for Electric Drum Set?

Chumbuh1

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 23, 2002
Messages
118
I want to buy some good headphones for my Yamaha DTXpress electric drum set and so far I've only looked at sennheiser ones, but i've narrowed it down to the EH250 and HD215 headphones (both are DJ headphones). Could anyone give me any advice about which headphones are better? Or if anyone could reccomend some better headphones for an electric drum set, I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.
 
Are these for practicing or for on-the-road usage? If it's on-the-road, get a pair of hd-202s. They're only $25 (so you don't have to worry too much if they get broken/stolen/lost), but not at all disappointing. I like them a lot better than the $130 Sonys my friend got. They are on-the-ear, rather than over, but still comfortable for long periods of time. I can hear very perceptible differences in the amount of hiss in recordings when instruments come in. Well worth the $25.

If it's for practicing, you'd probably be able to spend a little more without worrying about durability as much. I'd recommend the HD-280s; I know they're a little steeper than the two you had picked, but they're good phones. Amazon has them for $80.

Note that I don't have an electric drum set, just a decent pair of ears. I don't know; what special things do drum sets need? Highs/lows/mids? balanced? soundstage?
 
That's the thing, I've never had an electric set before so I'm kind of clueless as to what kind of headphones to get. I assume that the midrange is not nearly as important as the highs and lows, and the lows are probably more important than the highs by a little. I'd be willing to spend up to $100, so if I can get the HD280s for less than that then I'll probably get those.

Thanks for the input. :D
 
Back
Top