• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphones for $20-$50?

{NcsO}ReichstaG

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,768
Hey,
I am looking for headphones that are good and relatively cheap, between $20-50 and perferably can be aquired from CircuitCity because I have a gift card to there also.
-Thanks
 
I'm not sure if they offer the Sennheiser line, but if they do, check into the HD201s. Great set of closed cans for their price.
 
{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
Hey,
...good and relatively cheap ...from CircuitCity...

I agree with so_cal_forever. Although I didn't see any of these on their website, check to see if you can find them. HD201, HD202, HD497. They can all be had for around 30$, so expect circuity city to have them starting around 60$... but ... if you can get them for 10-30$ that's not too bad. (after gift card).
 
towert7 said:
Having heard and worn both, the 457 is much more comfortable with the way it rests on the ears/head than the 497. Also, the 457's soundstage is wider, so if the OP is trying to game with these then that would be a consideration. The SQ difference is negligable, IMO, but the 497 is definelty better in that respect
 
I tested the 457 at compusa.. they were very bassy and muddy.... the 497 are much more balanced and better overall...
 
aZn_plyR said:
I tested the 457 at compusa.. they were very bassy and muddy.... the 497 are much more balanced and better overall...
Indeed, they are a bit on the bass-head side of the spectrum but I wouldn't call them muddy compared to the 497s, just not as refined
 
Back
Top