Headphones comparable to HD570s

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
16,315
These are the ones I had before(broke them :< ) they were great, lacking a bit of bass but comfy and clear

I'm looking for something comparable

So far I've found the HD 555s anything else in this price range?

they will either be plugged into my Klipsch 5.1 control moduel, or Pioneer receiver(both getting analog from XFI Prelude)
 
i've had the hd570. universally hated by audiophiles and for good reason. they are mismarked and should be called a 470 by the way they sound. they sound identical to an hd485.
the good news for you is that sound is about to improve a lot! a 555 is much much better than a 570. for a roughly 70-100$ budget an audio technica ath-ad500 or ad700 is even better. also consider an akg k240. these are all open headphones.
if closed headphones are ok- a jvc harx700 is only 38$ and blows away that hd570. a jvc hadx1 is 75$ and is even better. sennheiser hd280 is a popular choice also. about 80$ (but clamps your head)

are these for gaming or music?
 
How much $$ do you want to spend?

Denon D2000 sounds pretty nice out of a sound card for around $200.
 
This seller does ship to Canada. Yes it is better than the 555. More comfortable too. Probably as comfortable as headphones get.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There does not seem to be a ton of difference b/w the AD500 and AD700. I am sure that the shipping is a bit more than normal so go with the 500.

Amazon is many different e-tailers under the Amazon flag so to speak. I looked into this seller, Adorama Camera, and they offer shipping to Canada.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/selle...R&isCBA=&asin=&seller=A17MC6HOH9AVE6&isPopup=

$50.01 to $100.00 $49.95

=(((

found this
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...t-Series-OpenAir-Dynamic-Headphone?sku=244516
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I love my HD-570's. They are the most comfortable head phone I've tried out of the sennheiser series. Have you tried a new cable ?
 
they were broken inside, I tried to rma them, then a friend gave me a pair of HD280? they were alright for the last couple of years but they also were a bit broken, and now are fully broken :p

I think im going for the AD500s! thx for the help guys and gals if applicable
 
1 more question on the subject

I have direct from my sound card(via front jack) from my Klipsch 5.1 control box, or Pioneer receiver(both receiving same analog split signal)

does it really matter which i plug it into?
 
Definitely enough power until you get into the power hungry, expensive headphones. Lol. Then you definitely want to avoid the receiver headphone out and grab an amp instead.
 
Go with Sennheiser HD580, 600 and 650, most of their other models are made in china and are much cheaper quality, you should be able to get a 600 for around 225 if you shop around. Great build and sound quality and are Made In Ireland.
 
Go with Sennheiser HD580, 600 and 650, most of their other models are made in china and are much cheaper quality, you should be able to get a 600 for around 225 if you shop around. Great build and sound quality and are Made In Ireland.

thanks for the suggestions but my price range is ~$100
 
Back
Top