• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphone Wire Repair

roadlesstraveled

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
318
My Bose headphones had the wire torn and I'm looking for some help on how to fix it.

I know how to solder but I can't pick out the wire that will need to be soldered.

Here is a pic of the wires:
5255333238_b63bebca95_b.jpg


Which wire is the one that needs to be soldered?
 
There are three wires Left channel, Right Channel and common. I would assume Red is right Green is Left and the one by itself is the common.
 
scutzi128, it seems like there's a lot more then three. For each color there's a bundle of the wires. I'm not sure how to go about soldering them.
 
it's stranded wire.
the red strand is for the right channel and so on.....

you need to solder all the wires together again.
the insulation can be a bit tricky to get off though.

to be honest, it would be the best if you find someone who as experience with repairs like this to help you with it.
 
Where is the cable break?

It may be best (both for SQ and ease of repair) to simply re-cable the headphones altogether.
 
The cable break is in the middle of the headphone wire.

I'm gonna send an email to Bose asking them if they can repair it and how much but I'm sure the turnaround will most likely be too long for my liking.

Any advice on where I should send these headphones to get fixed?
 
Hey, sorry I'm kind of a noob at this stuff. But what would y'all recommend for fixing this problem? The wires are barely attached and not working.
64001d1293301360-headphone-repair-img_0132-jpg
 
Back
Top