Hi, I`m looking to get a good set of headphones and a decent sound card for both gaming AND music listening.
I would like to purchase either the AKG Pro Studio or Audio Technica ATH-A700. But Id rather not spend the money for the Xonar Essence cards that are around $177.
The Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Card 7.1 cards are only about $100 and they support EAX 5.0 sound effects for 3D positional audio, but are they good for music listening? I dont think they support Dolby Digital and DTS encoding. Are these essential for good sound reproduction of my music?
Looks like this card fits the bill for my gaming but might fall slightly short for my music listening.
Currently I am using a $30 Turtle Beach headset with mic and onboard sound. And its a 50/50 split when it comes to gaming and music listening.
Neither of those headphone has a mic so I would need to remedy this situation in the future.
I would like to purchase either the AKG Pro Studio or Audio Technica ATH-A700. But Id rather not spend the money for the Xonar Essence cards that are around $177.
The Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Card 7.1 cards are only about $100 and they support EAX 5.0 sound effects for 3D positional audio, but are they good for music listening? I dont think they support Dolby Digital and DTS encoding. Are these essential for good sound reproduction of my music?
Looks like this card fits the bill for my gaming but might fall slightly short for my music listening.
Currently I am using a $30 Turtle Beach headset with mic and onboard sound. And its a 50/50 split when it comes to gaming and music listening.
Neither of those headphone has a mic so I would need to remedy this situation in the future.