• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphone quality through speakers

GN85

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
252
I have a pair of speakers, and also a pair of headphones, which I use both 50/50 of the time. My problem is that when I plug my headphones into the speakers, the sound deteriorates quite a bit, so I just unplug my speakers from my PC and directly connect my earphones instead.

Is it harmful to my sound card to constantly plug and unplug things from it? It might be gold plated, and well it might not be for long if I keep doing this...

Also, are there any other ways to getting maximum sound quality of my headphones? Will a headphone amp help if I keep plugging it to the speakers? Or what would be the sound quality through a splitter cable be like? I'm looking for a cheap solution, what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks.
 
I have a pair of speakers, and also a pair of headphones, which I use both 50/50 of the time. My problem is that when I plug my headphones into the speakers, the sound deteriorates quite a bit, so I just unplug my speakers from my PC and directly connect my earphones instead.

Is it harmful to my sound card to constantly plug and unplug things from it? It might be gold plated, and well it might not be for long if I keep doing this...

Also, are there any other ways to getting maximum sound quality of my headphones? Will a headphone amp help if I keep plugging it to the speakers? Or what would be the sound quality through a splitter cable be like? I'm looking for a cheap solution, what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks.

I too experience this problem, and I am awaiting a solution.
 
You can get an extension cable for the mini headphone / speaker jack. That way, the extension cable stays plugged into the card and you do your plugging and unplugging through the extension. Also, less bending down with an extension. Radioshack should have one.

I wouldn't expect the extension cable to cause a noticeable loss of quality, but I really don't know.
 
I had a similar problem, and after a great deal of research and trial, I found a splitter to be my best solution. Right now my setup is...

DESKTOP: Soloz2 "Hotrodded" XFi xtreme music -> [Monster Cable AICYP Mini Y-Adapter] -> A) Silver Klipsch ProMedia 2.0 & B) [Monster Cable A IC IP-7] -> Corda Headfive #454 -> Beyer DT770/80.

The monster y-cable was like $10 at RatShack and the Monster IP-7 interconnect was like $30 at MicroCenter.
 
Back
Top