Headphone output boost?

gnusmas645

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
13
Hi,

How can i get my headphones to deliver more volume?
I can't seem to get decent ear bursting output from my current audio setup

Using 680i's onboard Realtek 7.1 HD audio but still need to have the volume cranked up to the max in order to get semi-decent volume.

Is this normal and if so how can I remedy this?

Thanks!
 
headphone amplifier or more efficient headphones.

The headphones I use need to be on the absolute minimum volume when plugged into computer soundcards.
 
What kind of headphones are they? You would think people would just implicitly post this.
 
What kind of headphones are they? You would think people would just implicitly post this.

My mistake ...they're Sennheiser PX100

I tried many different types and they all had the pretty much the same output level so i didn't think it had anything to do with the headphones.

@Fryguy8
What type of headphones do you use?
 
I've got the Steelsound 5H V2s and I have the volume set to 50% on the cord or it's too loud... That was using both my onboard realtec 850 and my new SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer. Do you have both the Wave and Master volumes set to full? Do you have "headphones" selected as the type of speaker? You may need to either change to headphones or to two-speaker, depending... I don't know if that will necessarily make a difference, but it's worth a try.
 
Do you have both the Wave and Master volumes set to full? Do you have "headphones" selected as the type of speaker? You may need to either change to headphones or to two-speaker, depending... I don't know if that will necessarily make a difference, but it's worth a try.
Yes, I have both volumes set to max the type of speakers set to headphones.
 
My mistake ...they're Sennheiser PX100

I tried many different types and they all had the pretty much the same output level so i didn't think it had anything to do with the headphones.

@Fryguy8
What type of headphones do you use?

The ones i'm referring to in my post are ultimate ears super.fi 5 pros

I also use grado sr225s, which don't quite do like I described :)
 
I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet, but from what i can gather a DIY headphone amp seems like my best bet.

Thanks for your time everyone
 
Back
Top