Headphone Jack

litex2x

n00b
I have a rather unusual problem and not sure if this is the right place to post this. Today I hit my headphone connection on my case with my knee as I was hastily leaving the room and now the jack won't hold my headphone plug anymore. Sound still comes through the left or right channels when you hold the plug at certain angles so I'm guessing the parts that hold the plug in a bent away from their normal position. I can actually access the circuit board within the case that holds the headphone jack but its surrounded by a metal casing so I can't get to the actual pieces that would hold the plug in place without destroying the casing or desoldering it. I'm pretty bummed because the case is still relatively new and I really liked the convenient location of the jack. Does anyone know a special trick to fix the jack or is it not worth it?

Last edited:
If we're talking about a jack on the front of a computer case, it could probably be repaired for minimal cost... but might take some effort to find the appropriate part.

If we're talking about a jack on the front of a computer case, it could probably be repaired for minimal cost... but might take some effort to find the appropriate part.

Unfortunately I was unable to figure out what the part number was and the soldering iron I have couldn't get hot enough to melt the solder off.

Although, I was able to pray open the metal casing and bend the plug holders back into place. The jack doesn't hold the plug as tightly as it did before but I get sound from both channels now.

same thing happened to me, literally, contact your case manufacturer and ask to purchase spare parts. in my case they actually sent it for free.

same thing happened to me, literally, contact your case manufacturer and ask to purchase spare parts. in my case they actually sent it for free.

^^++

Just a follow up for anybody with the same problem. Cooler Master provided me with a replacement I/O panel completely free of charge through their parts request program. The whole process only took a little over a week. Cooler Master gets two thumbs up from me for this. :cool:

Back