• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

headphone jack?

NapoleanBnprt

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
93
Is there a way for me to purchase a headphone jack without buying speakers? I pretty much only use headphones at my PC and i was wondering if there is some type of headphone jack adapter that plugs into the sound card. Can't seem to find one anywhere but i'm thinking they have to exist.

Thanks.
 
What kind of sound card are you using? Is it onboard? Many onboard and many add-in sound cards have an AC-97 compliant Front Panel connector for front headphone/mic capabilites. If your case has these front ports, check your sound/mb manual to find the location to plug in the FP connector. Some cases and boards feature HD FP, but it should be marked/listed as such. Some sound cards like my older X-Fi have a proprietary FP style connection that requres a modded cable to use...I've never used it though.

TBH, at the moment I'm running a Turtle Beach 5.1 splitter from my HPA2's..it's decent quality, one of the few I've used that didn't add garbage to the sound. That way I can use my Logitech X-230's or JVC HARX700 headphones whenever I want or at the same time, etc.

A little more info from your end Napolean, would be very helpful here. we might be able to solve your situation w/o costing you anymore money, or might be able to get you a cheap fix, or give you a reason to upgrade depending on what you have and how things go!
 
Yeah like that odoe, thanks. (newb question) If i use that, will the audio quality be the same as if i used a headphone jack on speakers?
 
Yeah like that odoe, thanks. (newb question) If i use that, will the audio quality be the same as if i used a headphone jack on speakers?

It will probably be a little better, actually, since that cable is a direct conection to your audio source; depending on the speakers you were using, they were probably degrading the audio to your phones quite a bit.
 
Back
Top