Headphone Holder

MakuraRyu

n00b
Hey all! I was wondering what do you guys use to hold your headphones/headsets?

I am always finding just leaving it on the desk gives the cat an opportunity to knock it off. Also I am kinda getting a weird bend in the headset. But it doesnt affect it as far as being comfy :rolleyes:

So lets hear/see (I always like pictures!) of what you guys got.

Mak

I was looking for this aswell, my Icemats always fall off my desk, and even cracked once because of that. I'm looking for a nice headphone holder too :)

I saw some really nice ones in the workstation thread, but no one said where they got it from :(

Banana holder at your local Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Picture003.jpg

most people use a banana stand (i think my mom picked one up at bed and bath) but those with sennheisers have a nifty headphone holder that comes with the phones :D :D

nice saturnine2! :D

any idea what its called so i can look for one? ;)

i guess its some kind of coat/jacket holder

@aznpxdd, omz, and all those with bannana head phone holders: Doesnt the bannana hook dig into the strap that goes over the head. (I dont know cuz I havnt seen it in person.) But thanks for idea of goin to bed bath and beyond!

@saturnine2 awsome idea!!! too bad i personally dont have room for it, not to mention i only have one good headset. the rest are all just stuff that came with cd players :D

Mak

matrix563 said:
nice saturnine2! :D

any idea what its called so i can look for one? ;)
Thanks :) I belive it's a towel rack, but I dunno. Never seen anything quite like it in the stores.

Banana holders are great for a single pair, but it would be a good idea to add a little padding to the hook.

omz said:
most people use a banana stand (i think my mom picked one up at bed and bath) but those with sennheisers have a nifty headphone holder that comes with the phones
The only Senns that come with a hook are the HD-595s IIRC.

saturnine2 said:
Thanks :) I belive it's a towel rack, but I dunno. Never seen anything quite like it in the stores.

Banana holders are great for a single pair, but it would be a good idea to add a little padding to the hook.
cool. thanks :). i'll be looking soon lol :D

man i feel dumb for not thinking about adding a little bit of padding. And i thought my self a modder, too bad for laziness.

Mak

right now I use a hook in the wall for my Grados and a slide-on deodorant stick for my k240s, since it is wide and has a shallow curve that perfectly fits the headband. :p

My Sennheiser hd 595 broke awhile back, but the nifty clamp that came with 'em still works great. It can be attached to all manner of surfaces both vertical and horizontal. Surprisingly, my far more expensive Sennheiser hd 600s did NOT come with any sort of clamp, but I just use the one that came w/ my 595s.

The clamp seems to sell for ~$10-30. More pics here.

If you're not in the mood to make your own, a quick google came up with plenty of other options for both clamps and stands.

Edit: you'd prolly get more responses/help in computer audio or a different forum.

Last edited:
I just went to the dollartree and bought 2 stick on hooks for $1.00.

A plastic fork that is sticking out from a shelf attached to the wall. The forks handle is wedged under a printer. The tines of the fork have a nice bend to them that holds the headphones just right.

I use the one that came with my HD595's and also the red velcro hooks for the IKEA Fredrik.

10.jpg

Can just see in the bottom left hand corner here
4.jpg

Before that i used a banana stand/holder, was fugly though.

Free with the HD595, you can buy them seperately though, have a google.

Haha, have a google...

Yea I bought mine separate and like it a lot, normally have some beefier DT-770's on there but they were broken at the time of the picture, so I was using some Grado SR-225's

Back