• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphone extension cord question.

_DrMario_

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
32
So I just bought a pair a 5.1 surround Headphones and it's pretty annoying switching from my speakers to the headphones since the back of my comp isn't easily accessible.

I was wondering if I could use 3 of these so that I could set the female part on my desk for easy access. Would I still get surround sound if I get plugged 3 of these in the front/center/rear ports of my sound card?

Of course if easier ways exist of doing what I want, please tell.

Thanks.
 
Hope this makes it clearer. The question again : Will this work?

sdfkj.jpg
 
You can indeed to this. RS sells the same thing but without the 1/4" step. I'd go with that way myself, but it's up to you. I built a nice wood box to hold the end of the plug, with holes drilled to a very tight fit, and it worked nicely until I moved my computer onto my desk and it became obsolete.

 
Sorry to bump this but I was wondering if it would work with these cables.

Those are mono instead of stereo. Does it make a difference for what I'm going to be using them?

Thanks.
 
Back
Top