• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Headphone assistance

Rx_cigerette

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
132
i have been looking for a decent to good pair of headphones for listening to music at home and what i have been really looking into is the audio technica ath-ad300 or ath-ad500 they seem to be really good bang for the buck and not to expensive but what i have really been wondering is if anyone has these and if they are actually decent headphones.
 
I haven't really looked into either of those but from what I have read, the AD500's are almost as good as the AD700's after breaking them in. I just got the AD700's and I must say, they are fantastic. Very clean bass, awesome sound stage, and just overall great sound. If you want something with a bit more bass, I would look into the closed versions of the ones you have been looking at but then you will lose some sound accuracy. It all depends on your taste in music really and even then, headphones may change that.
 
i listen to a lot of techno and hardcore rock so i like a bit more base to music so ill look into the closed versions for sure sound quality is important to me but its not something im gunna stress incredibly over as long as its pretty good its great to me so thank you very much.
 
If you're going to buy A500s on eBay, you might as well get the A700s for approximately the same price.

I don't have much to complain about in terms of sound quality or build with mine A700s. Replaceable pads would be nice. I'd replace them with velvet instantly.
 
If you're going to buy A500s on eBay, you might as well get the A700s for approximately the same price.

I don't have much to complain about in terms of sound quality or build with mine A700s. Replaceable pads would be nice. I'd replace them with velvet instantly.
The A500s are closed cans. The AD500s are open.
 
Back
Top