headphone amps

ThatsAgood1jay

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
1,029
I was wondering where i could find a headphone amp?. I have searched but havent come up that have decent reviews. Help wanted. Or can someone link me to a how to build a cmoy site?
 
Where can you find one? You won't find one in brick and mortar stores, anyhow. You'll have to look for ones that you're interested in. Take a look at head-fi's amp forum and browse around / ask for amps in your price range. There are also reviews for many of them, all it takes is using the forum search (at head-fi) for something specific, and you will find many discussion threads.
 
Go to headfi.org and find out more than you ever wanted to know about headphone amps.

Some stores to start you out:
HeadAmp.com
Singlepower.com
TTVJ.com
Headphone.com
WooAudio.com

Also, you can probably commission the resident amp-maker, MisterX.
 
MisterX has a pretty good following here and head-fi.org. I personally went with the Headroom MiniAmp, and it made a profound difference in my DT770's. Fast shipping, and they actually spent over 20 minutes talking to me about choosing Amp/DAC combinations and such as well as what I was looking for with regards to my music, headphone, and soundcard and budget.

Really decent people and I thank them for helping me with my first steps. And thanks to head-fi for beginning to deplete my checking account :) .
 
Back
Top