Headphone 5$ mic mod

ourfpshero

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
1,237
this cost less them 5$ shipped from dealextreme.com. a mic and an extension. a zip tie from the garage and


this particular headphone has a strong point to attach the mic- some headphones do-some dont. but a nice way to use quality cans and have a detachable boom mic
 
I've seen those "boom mics" on some low quality headsets that are detachable; they're just a small posable piece of flexible plastic ending in the mic on one end and a 1/8" stereo plug on the other (one connection for the mic, the other for the power) and had an idea like this in the past myself. I was planning to do this type of detachable mic mod to a pair of Sony V6 headphones I have (simply awesome things) but, I found a great deal on a Plantronics Gamepro 1 USB headset with a far far better mic than any of those low end ones could ever be.

Still a neat little "hack" project for those that are interested.
 
I just did that a while ago for my A900's it works great! The Mic is from a Tritton AX360 headset. I got an extra mic by calling customer support and saying mine died they just sent one. That company has crappy headsets but the customer support is GREAT!

IMGP1014.JPG


IMGP1015.JPG


IMGP1016.JPG
 
Back
Top