• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Head Unit for iPhone

ne0-reloaded

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2003
Messages
1,216
I just gotta iphone a few days ago and I'd like to be able to play my music in my car w/o using those crappy FM transmitters. Cost really isn't an issue, I just want something that gives excellent quality and makes the ladies feel sexy when they step in the car.

The only option I've seen so far is a Alpine unit but it seems you can't use the phone while its connected (link), which kinda defeats the whole phone/ipod integration.

Thanks
 
Do you have navigation in your car?

If yes - you could look at something like nav-tv.

If you need a complete replacement headunit - you could look for units with Bluetooth 2.0 compatibility. I think the profile is EDR - but not sure. BT 2.0 should cover you.

This would allow you to listen to music and then should route the call through the stereo - presuming you install a mic
 
I just gotta iphone a few days ago and I'd like to be able to play my music in my car w/o using those crappy FM transmitters. Cost really isn't an issue, I just want something that gives excellent quality and makes the ladies feel sexy when they step in the car.

The only option I've seen so far is a Alpine unit but it seems you can't use the phone while its connected (link), which kinda defeats the whole phone/ipod integration.

Thanks

I don't know about not being able to use it, my brother hooks his up to his Alpine deck using the Alpine iPod cable, works perfectly, then he also has his bluetooth headset on and when he receives a call the music fades out and he then answers his call...it works awesome.
 
I think the posters above me mean just don't turn on airplane mode and you'll be fine. As long as the iphone is sufficiently far away from the head unit I doubt you'll get interference. Even then I'd presume you'd have to have the iphone touching head unit for there to be a problem, i'm sure they shield the things well.
 
I don't know about not being able to use it, my brother hooks his up to his Alpine deck using the Alpine iPod cable, works perfectly, then he also has his bluetooth headset on and when he receives a call the music fades out and he then answers his call...it works awesome.

Do you know the model # of the head unit your brother has?
 
I use a Pioneer 5900iB in my Jetta, and have pretty good success with using my Iphone in the car. I usually have to connect the cable a certain way or else the HU will show "Error - A0" and the phone won't charge, but it will play music.

Others with the same HU, or the Pioneer "Premier" version, 590iB (i believe) don't have the same luck, so its hit or miss I guess with Pioneer.

I dont have any experience with Alpine, but I hear their iPod integration is the best there is for Aftermarket HU. It's got to be the best possibility for iPhones then.

From what I know, the phone will display a dialog when you connect, telling you its not an authorized device or whatever, and ask you if you want to enable airplane mode. Just don't do that, and you will still get calls, BUT, you will still have a chance of getting the GSM interference as it checks in on the Cell and Edge networks.
 
Back
Top