• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Head Mounted Displays

flooberjobby

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
268
Does anyone know anything about head mounted displays?
Also how they are for gaming, like the picture quality, and response times?

I am looking for a HMD(Head Mounted Display) for creating a VR setup, but I don't know wich one is good and wich is not. Plus I am not looking to spend more than $450-ish.


I would like to be able to wear headphones with them to, and be able to play you know like for 24 hours streight if I want and not worry about battery dieing lol.

Any recomendations or knowledge you can share would be greatly apreciated. Also are they worth it?
 
I don't know much about HMDs, but I do try to keep up a little bit. It depends on what resolution you are wanting. I think that the highest resolution in a readily available unit is 800x600, but I may have missed a couple. But not having actually used any head mounted displays, I'm not sure how much the res really matters. Here's a link to a yahoo store, if you haven't been there.

http://i-glassesonline.stores.yahoo.net/hmds.html
 
Back
Top