HDTV reviews

devin_m

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
199
I'm looking to buy my first HDTV since my 720p Sony LCD Rear Projection and I can't seem to find a good site for TV reviews. Does anyone have any suggested sites? Or any suggestions? I'm looking for a 46" model up to $1600, 3D is not a requirement.
 
Last edited:
Use HDTV Test UK or Digital Versus, yes they review the UK/European versions, but typically the North American models are the same except for slight number/letter differences in the model names. Cnet is pretty useless except for confirming that something is good,
 
As for discussion forums...AVS.

Pretty sure your budget would allow for that high end 3D Panasonic plasma everyone is drooling about over there, i forget the model number but you'll know it when you see people talking about it. BTW, it isn't only high end because of the 3D, 3D is just one of the features. Edit: pretty sure it's the VT30 model.

Panasonic VT30 plasma discussion: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1331665

Main Plasma forum: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=167

Main LCD forum: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=166

The famous TV calibrator Chad B reviews a few current models also: http://hdtvbychadb.com/resources/tv-reviews
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the help, I may need to stretch my budget the Sony 46HX929 is very tempting at $2100 locally :).
I'll have to see if I can find a local shop that carries the VT30.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top