• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDTV...free high definition preview???

lesman

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
3,913
Ok, I recently bought an HDTV, it has a built-in tuner. I also have digital cable as well, but it's not HD cable...the thing is, there are "free HD channel previews" running from like the 16th to the 24th on my digital cable service....how would I access thses channels? Would high definition digital signals be able to go through the coax cable jack on the cable box to the coax cable input on my TV? Would I be able to access these high definition preview channels through the coax jack? I would think that's how it would be, because HD antennas connect throguh the coax jack...anyways, thanks!
 
You could also get an antenna and hook it up to your TV to see what HD will be like. Most areas are broadcasting HD/digital on the major channels.
 
Tried it...just so happens that RIGHT in the exact area I'm in cannot recieve HD OTA signals...
 
Oh. In that case you will likely have to hook up to your cable box using DVI or component to get the HD chanels. It might work over coax but the signal going over the coax is compressed (MPEG2) and encrypted, so for the cable box to decrypt and send over the coax, I don't think they would do that as it would be too easy to pirate.
 
You need to request the HD tier from your cable provider, it will also most likely require a new box.
 
Back
Top