• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDs in Raid 0 - Need Advice.

MachoSasquatcho

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
290
Hello,

This was my first time attempting to use Raid 0 and I was looking for a critque if my performance was on par or if I needed to be doing something else to optimize my performance.

I'm using 2 Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1TB drives.

Here is the HD Tune SS:

28september20112324.png
 
FakeRaid is referred to when the raid controller does not have dedicated hardware and its own cpu to process the raid calculations. IE all raid built into mobo chipsets besides high end server boards are Fake Raid. BTW the numbers look normal. Whats the issue?
 
FakeRaid is referred to when the raid controller does not have dedicated hardware and its own cpu to process the raid calculations. IE all raid built into mobo chipsets besides high end server boards are Fake Raid. BTW the numbers look normal. Whats the issue?

No issue, it was just my first time configuring a RAID array so I wanted to make sure all was well.

Thanks for the quick responses.
 
Since I don't know what FakeRAID is I'm going to guess it's just hardware, just using the RAID controller on the mobo listed in my sig.

Yeah, that's FakeRAID, aka motherboard RAID.

Dan_D is right, FakeRAID is a stupid name. It really needs to be changed, there really isn't anything "fake" about it, other than it tricks the OS into having the CPU do the work through the drivers rather than the controller, but still, kinda silly imo.
 
Back
Top