HDPlex PCIe Riser Cable

Bieberfever

Weaksauce
Just wanted to make people aware that HDPlex has released a new PCIe 3.0 16x riser card and the thing is beautiful. Unlike most of the other products on the market (I have a Li-Heat as well as a number of standard issue cables), this thing is massively pliable and much lighter than anything else I've seen. It also allows hard bends easily which the other risers I've come across do not. I believe it is shielded and that the primary difference between this cable and the others is that it is a silicon laminated bunch of traces versus plastic encased cables. If that isn't enough, it looks like it's made of solid gold which is pretty cool when compared with standard issue bland beige. Check it out here

http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-Silicon-PCIEx16-3.0-Flexible-Riser.html

Last edited:
That looks like a FPC to me. It would have to be multi-layer to employ effective shielding, but that seems to be manufacturable from what I can tell. Technically, laminated silicon traces are plastic enclosed wires as well.

Very tight bends can be done by the 3M riser as well from what I know, but this riser has the advantage of being able to bend pretty much 180° at the start of the cable without risking damage to the cable.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this riser on their site before, though. Are you sure they released it just now?
The other question would be whether it is actually shielded.

Anyone here given this a try? I bought one and the machine won't power up even if I only have the riser plugged in without anything plugged in on the other end. I reckon it is not something that's likely to work for what it's sold for.

Back