Hdoo emerges

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemyPC

Limp Gawd
So now it's news. Voodoo's taken their big pay day. hdoo is upon us.

I have to say this news took me completely off guard. Of all the boutiques, Voodoo has been the most vocal about being a "pure" gaming company. Their whole philosophy was about being the best out there - money's no object, the best all around, etc. While i would probably never buy a voodoo, I really admired what they did. they were an institution.

[note the past tense]

And while HP is certainly no Dell, I think people out here will agree with me, that OEMs just can't deliver the boutique experience - hell, the premium experience that people want and have found in smaller companies. Look at the miserable failure Dell's experiencing trying to deliver it. check the recent review here. It's all hype. HP can't deliver the kind of experience voodoo has made its name on. it's not that they're evil - they're just too big and too, well, corporate.

i guess you can make a case for hp doing this. they want to keep up with dell and get into gaming. but voodoo? why? wanted to keep up with alienware?

are we going to start seeing $999 voodoos on hp.com? i guess that's the future. because there's no way voodoo can keep its thousand dollar premiums now that it's part of hp. My guess is that voodoo will soon lose everything that makes it special and unique as it becomes part of the hp machine.

to me this is just about selling out. it's a bummer to because voodoo did have a great brand and reputation.

I would imagine that Vodoo might remain the same and that HP will simply have controlling ownership - ala Delienware (the Alienware PC's are still the same, built the same, and at the same factory).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back