HDMI Video Card

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
Howdy Folks
Its been awhile since I've looked at video cards...
I am building a pc to use as a Media Tower for my TV, Only thing i need to get a decent cheaper video card with HDMI out. I would like one that passes Audio over HDMI also. Not sure if those are out there
TV is a 42" 1080P Samsung, I am also getting a blue-ray player for the PC
Motherboard will handle a PCIE Express Card. .
PSU has 1 6pin Power Plug
If there is no cards that pass audio, then i might get a card for digital audio also.
Ideas?

How much you willing to spend? As well, do you plan to do any gaming on it?

How much you willing to spend? As well, do you plan to do any gaming on it?

No Gaming, just Blue Ray, Netflix, Hulu, Media PC
I would like to keep the Video Card under 75 of possible,
Max 100

You shouldnt need to spend much.

I just bought a zotac GT 430 off newegg for $20AR shipped, unfortunately it is OOS now. It does decent gaming for older games anyways and it definitely has audio through hdmi port(I would think this would be true for most video cards with tv-out through hdmi).

Ive already been using it for TV-out on my 40" samsung streaming movies.... I also just signed up for netflix streaming trial today and will be viewing a movie on it tonight. :p Pretty good value for a $20 video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500204

Anything like that will work though. You do have to be a little careful as some of the budget video cards dont actually have audio through hdmi(like the 9600 gso).

What motherboard/CPU are you looking at? For what you want, there is absolutely no need to buy a video card if you're going to be using a near-modern platform.

Back