• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDMI for 1440p or beyond

Igg

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
1,337
Have anyone gotten HDMI to do 1440p or higher?

I know originally HDMI was limited to 1080p res but the later revisions supports higher, just wondering if anyone gotten any luck with the recent batch of cards like 290x etc.
 
The current gen of Radeon graphic cards include HDMI 1.4b. This revision supports up to 4k @ 30Hz, 1080p @ 120Hz, and PC resolutions like 2560x1600 @ 75Hz. But I still believe that the display itself needs to explicitly support any of these resolutions over HDMI to work.
 
The current gen of Radeon graphic cards include HDMI 1.4b. This revision supports up to 4k @ 30Hz, 1080p @ 120Hz, and PC resolutions like 2560x1600 @ 75Hz. But I still believe that the display itself needs to explicitly support any of these resolutions over HDMI to work.

Good point. The display that I'm interested in forcing it to work with is the Dell U3014
 
I've read about some laptops having trouble doing 2560x1600 @ 60Hz over HDMI, but no problems running this resolution with desktop graphics. Is there any reason you couldn't use DisplayPort if HDMI didn't work?
 
Apparently the U3014 doesn't do 2560x1600 @ 60 Hz over HDMI. @ 30 Hz should work though. I don't see any reason to use HDMI other than it being the only port available on a laptop. DisplayPort is generally superior.
 
Back
Top