HDMI Cables, is there any difference?

NickS

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to get a Samsung DLP HDTV (42") and it has dual HDMI.

Is there any real difference between HDMI cable brands like Monster, Belkin PureAV, etc? Could any of you reccomend me a good cable?

Thanks a load,
Nick

Get one from monoprice.com

Though there site seems to be down atm..

All that Monster/Belkin stuff is BS. Because in the end, a digital signal won't degrade really over short distances plus you probably have little to no interference either.

Here's a link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=615210 of people in your same situation that bought from them. :)

Another question, who can reccomend me a great HDMI DVD player for around $100? Ty.

Screwy DNS. :( Can't access the site correctly. I did see it's 28 guage, was there anything higher? Seems like LA's Level3 is fubar. :mad:

If it´s shorter then 8 metre it really don´t matter. More than that though it requires more from the cable...

oqvist said:
If it´s shorter then 8 metre it really don´t matter. More than that though it requires more from the cable...

Isn't that around 30ft~? That's pretty long. :p

I was just in this same situation. I got the "Sony DVPNS75H Single Disc DVD Player" that supports HDMI and works great so far. Picture quality is short of perfect :) .

Back