djoye
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Aug 31, 2004
- Messages
- 3,179
I've got an Onkyo TX-SR605 that has had some problems with HDCP in the past so I demoted it from living room to computer room.
I connected the HDMI from my GTX 480 to the receiver and got no audio; I connect the monitor (Samsung 226cw) to the receiver's HDMI out using an HDMI to DVI cable and then get the ability to use the HDMI audio.
I'm guessing that without the monitor the receiver just doesn't work because it's looking for an HDCP device (the monitor) to communicate with before doing anything else. Do you guys know of anything other than a monitor that I could stick in the HDMI output on the receiver to trick it into playing the audio without a display connected? I would try to loop the HDMI out(receiver) to the other HDMI input(receiver) but I don't want to burn up something, heheh.
Any ideas?
I connected the HDMI from my GTX 480 to the receiver and got no audio; I connect the monitor (Samsung 226cw) to the receiver's HDMI out using an HDMI to DVI cable and then get the ability to use the HDMI audio.
I'm guessing that without the monitor the receiver just doesn't work because it's looking for an HDCP device (the monitor) to communicate with before doing anything else. Do you guys know of anything other than a monitor that I could stick in the HDMI output on the receiver to trick it into playing the audio without a display connected? I would try to loop the HDMI out(receiver) to the other HDMI input(receiver) but I don't want to burn up something, heheh.
Any ideas?