• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDMI 1.4a or DVI cable?

Joined
Nov 8, 2013
Messages
20
I just purchased a Asus 144hz monitor http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2HH7G0?tag=intercept-kb-20 and I am super confused on what type of cable to use for this monitor. I have been all over the internet and get a mixed awnser everwhere I go. Can I get a 144hz through a HDMI 1.4a or do I need to use a dual link dvi-d cable?

Thank you for your time!
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you SuperSubZero, and its a definitive answer, I dont have the monitor yet and looking online for the manual didn't cross my mind.

Another question, I did end up buying a HDMI cable thinking thats what I needed, so does the dual link dvi cable that comes with the monitor good? or should I go for a aftermarket gold plated blah blah blah dvi cable to get the best picture possible?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top