HDD/SSD Need strong PSU -- Suggestions?

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Currently have a EVGA G2 550W which can do 110w on the 3v/5v rail.

With my current setup I started getting random issues with my HBAs, and HDD dropping during boot of my storage VM and I only found that out after hot-swap some drives just simply did not work.

I added up my wattage and if all drives were in 'write' mode I'd be sitting at 109W.
That's excluding my 2x NVME 2.5" at all in consumption, add them and there's another 36W. So during idle I'm still sitting rather near the max 5v rail.
(Running SAS 12Gb/s drives, Enterprise NVME, Enterprise SSD, etc... around ~20 drives including ssd and hdd).

What Power Supply has a strong 5V rail?

My home AIO is in a tower, and for now I don't want to put it in a rackmount chassis... I have them, I migrated FROM one, so I know that's an option but would rather keep this in my office than in the rack farther away.

The 750w and 850w EVGA G2 (which I also have already) go up to 25A not enough of a jump from the 550 to warrant a complete re-install of the PSU.

Array rebuilds? The most stressful is spinning up the HDDs, the current PSU is more than fine once it's done.

Back