HDD problem

AORUS

Limp Gawd
Hi

I first had C, for windows D, for games ,E for movies but now I buy another SSD I change the E drive to F drive in Computer management but now when I watch any movie all the speech & sounds is out of sink with the movie the movies play ok it's just when they talk or any action sounds take place in the film how can I fix this?

Your post is confusing...

1) Do you have two SSDs or one HDD and one SSD?

2) What are the brand, model, (storage) size, and age of each drive?

3) Why did you change your E drive to F?

4) Are you watching a streaming movie, a downloaded movie, or a movie from a DVD or Blu-ray?

5) What program are you using to watch your movie?

Your post is confusing...

1) Do you have two SSDs or one HDD and one SSD?

2) What are the brand, model, (storage) size, and age of each drive?

3) Why did you change your E drive to F?

4) Are you watching a streaming movie, a downloaded movie, or a movie from a DVD or Blu-ray?

5) What program are you using to watch your movie?

Thanks for the reply

C diver is a WD SSD 250GB D, WD 2tb HDD Black, E, Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB SSD, F, WD Green 2TB HDD

I change E for games and F for movies because my D drive WD is too slow on open world games with allots of mods installed so I moved them to my new E, drive SSD

I have over 300 movies on F drive now I download them not stream them and I don't have any Retro DVD player in my new tower case

The player to play the movies is windows 10

Before I changed The E to F all the movies worked without any problem also they played very well with windows 10 movie player

Last edited:
At first glance, changing the drive letter shouldn't cause the syncing problems that you're having.

Unfortunately, I haven't dealt with a problem like yours before. All I can do is offer some troubleshooting ideas.

1) The easiest option is to try a different media player like VLC to see whether or not the syncing problems are unique to the Windows Media Player.

2) Are you using onboard sound, a discrete sound card, or an external device (like a headphone amp or a DAC/digital-to-audio converter)? If you're using one of the first two options, you may have some standalone software you could check.

3) Have you tried to switch the drive letter of your WD Green HDD back to E?

Thank for your help on this matter

I to didn't face this problem before on my old PC.

I was on Windows 10 home at first then later MS update to 1705 but still all my movies worked but when MS update to new version 1709 this week I didn't check it and I change the E drive path to F this week could that be the problem? I will use the VLC and see it if is just windows 10 player have this problem, thanks for that also I use my motherboard SB 7.1 sound card,

Has for number (3) I can't change back to (E) drive because I have all my mods & games installed on (E) SSD it will be a nightmare,

But first I will try VLC and let you know

Also if it don't fix my problem do I think would it be better to just format (F) drive and reinstall all my movies?

Thanks

Last edited:
An update I have finished watching a movie on VLC and everything working fine so it must be windows 10 new 1709 update thanks again.

Back