• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDD price hike

llmercll

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,369
I've noticed the prices of HDD's have gone up nearly 3x, and wondering if anyone knows how long they are going to stay there. I remember ram went through a similar price increase last year, and is now 4x cheaper. I don't want to buy a new drive if in a month or two they will be cheap again =p

thanks!
 
I was at micro center they were saying its a shortage of drives because of flooding in Thailand.
 
45489a8fbe1a4617fc0e6a7.jpg
\

wdflood.jpg
 
I've heard that the floods are so severe, that the current hard drive situation may last a couple of quarters, probably until the middle of 2012. :eek: :(
 
I've heard that the floods are so severe, that the current hard drive situation may last a couple of quarters, probably until the middle of 2012. :eek: :(

I also heard that on the first page of this sub forum there is already a thread several pages long on this topic. Amazing...
 
Ah, I didn't see that thread last night, thanks!

I was thinking of selling my caviar black 1tb and replacing it with an ssd. Now would be a good time!!

thanks for the replies =)
 
an SSD wont help you store your data and start degrading your SSD more.

right now i notice the price hitch but its too much for me to even bare looking @ right now.

i bought 2tb hitachis x2 for $130 a piece and i found a person on this forum selling them for +$50 extra and i wont justify to spendng an extra hundred bucks cause of this flood.
 
I bought a WD drive months and months ago for $79.99, now it's $249.99 at Newegg. WD Green WD20EARS
 
At work, we but LOTS of hard drives.. Our contacts at Seagate / WD say it will be up int he air for at least 4 quarters..... sooooo, probably more than a year. Sucks, bigtime...
 
Back
Top