HDD indication light with an SSD?

Gawd
Just built a new rig. First time with an SSD. (Using it as my primary) I'm not getting any HDD light indications. (None at all.. Even when using the second HDD)

Is this normal? Board is an MSI, P67A G43

Thanks!

Another thing I'm noticing. Testing out some OC with my I7 2600k. Currently at 4.5 ghz (At 1.32 volts) Temps peaking around 65 degree C. The clock speed will throttle back to 1600 mhz, but the voltage only drops down to 1.312. The only settings I can find in my bios for Core voltage are 'auto' and whatever I set. I can't set it at 'auto' and set a max voltage on it. At least, not that I can find. Should I not worry about it?

Thanks!

Full system specs please.

Did you connect the HDD wire in your case to the MB?
If you did, take the wire and flip it around the other way.

I have had 6 SSD's through atleast 5 motherboards & I have never seen the HDD light blink.. I may be wrong but I just assumed that there was no need anymore.

Full specs are I7 2600K (at 4.5 ghz, 1.32 Vcore) 8 gig ripjaws ram, Powercoler 5850 1gb, 2 tb western digital green, Intel 320 120 gig SSD MSI P67A G43 Mobo. Wire is connected directily to the mobo, will try flipping it later. I wasn't sure if SSD's would even 'tell' the mobo that they are 'busy' so I wasn't even sure if you should get a HDD activity light with an SSD.

Thanks!

You definitely should be seeing the indicator light come on with an SSD. It's no different than any other drive. Let us know what happens after you re-do that wire.

Right on, flipped it around and I have a HDD indication light. Thanks! What's the best CPU monitoring temp program? Using realtemp and don't really like it.

Thanks!

glad you got it working

I like Coretemp but look at all 3 programs to see what graphis you like best and go with that

CoreTemp and RealTemp are two great CPU thermal monitoring tools. If you want something that does more than just the CPU, HWMonitor or Open Hardware Monitor are good choices.

Back