• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDD image software, reccomendations looking for cheap options

hpglow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
373
I need some software to make a HDD image so that I can put my new faster HDD in and not have to reinstall windows and all my software. I don't really want to spend 70$ on Ghost if I don't have to.

If any of you have reccomendations I would greatly appreceate it.
 
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

either HDClone (limited) or G4U

hard to beat freeware
your HDD manufacturer might offer a clone utility as well
check the diagnostic suite


you cant beat Ghost however for advanced features
 
Well ultimate boot cd worked, as did the maxtor maxblast3 util. However, I ended up finding out that there was something wrong with the original drive that prevented the data from being coppied even as an image file. So I had to reinstall everything anyway. But you guys were most helpful.
 
Back
Top